Friday, January 6, 2012

Monterey

The hubs and I have been trying to plan a trip back to Monterey ever since the night we got engaged there.  You can read that story here, if you haven't already.  Well finally this week we were able to escape back to Monterey for a nice week long vacation. Our friends and their 3 kiddos joined us on the trip and it was such a great vacation, we decided we need to make it a yearly tradition. One of the hubs rice growers owns a home in Pacific Grove and he was kind enough to let us use his home for the week.  It was beautiful, one street back from the Ocean and in a great central location between Monterey and Caramel.  
  
Our beautiful view for the week!
The guys had the opportunity to play both Poppy Hills & Spanish Bay, both of which they said were incredible courses.  Since they golfed twice the guys decided that we (Betsy & I) deserved a little treat.  We both got 80 minute facials at the Spa at Pebble Beach.  Let me tell you.  I have never felt more spoiled in my whole life.  The whole experience was like a dream.  And I swear my face is still glowing.  After a luxirious day at the spa we all went and watched the sunset at The Inn at Spanish Bay while watching the bagpiper come up the course.  If you are ever in Caramel, this is a MUST SEE! 


The Bagpiper coming over the hill








My beautiful cousin and her boyfriend, who joined us for a drink at sunset.







We were also able to to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium & Dennis the Menace Park!  So much fun!

It was a wonderful vacation!  One I will not soon forget and hopefully we will be able to go again next year.

No comments: