Monday, January 23, 2012

Baby Barrett 22 Weeks





How Far Along: 22 Weeks

Size of the baby: Baby Barrett is now the size of a papaya, approx..8 inches long & approx 1.2lbs.

Total Weight Gain/loss: I have gained 6lbs (as of my last doctors appointment, I don't really want to get on the scale at home) and as you can see from the picture there is definitely a little bump there now =)  It is growing everyday.  I swear when I wake up the morning it has grown overnight.

Maternity Clothes:  I can still wear some of my longer shirts, but all of my pants are now maternity or stretchy yoga pants.  I am still totally in LOVE with leggings and sweaters. 

Gender: SURPRISE!! We are not going to find out till Baby Barrett arrives in May!  We have lots of guessing going on in the family, right now we are pretty split.

Movement: Definitely have been feeling movement.  Baby B is moving all day long now.  It is such an amazing feeling to feel baby flipping and kicking all day long.  My mom & sister were able to feel Baby B move yesterday which was so fun to share.

Sleep: Sleeping okay.  I am really not normally a side sleeper.  I have always slept on my stomach so I am still trying hard to get used to my new sleeping position.  I am thinking I may need to invest in a body pillow.

What I miss: Not having smells literally have me running for the bathroom.

Cravings: Ummm... Let's see this week I have had a major sweet tooth.  Ice cream and hot chocolate in particular =)

Symptoms: Nothing new this week.  I have been able to keep the heartburn under control with TUMS as needed.  A friend recently introduced me to the smoothie flavored TUMS and they are much better than the traditional chalky version.  Although my husband and I were lucky enough to catch the stomach flu this week which was a lovely added bonus.

Best moment this week: Laying on the couch with hubs feeling the baby move and hearing hubs say "I love our baby so much!"  I about cried right then and there.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So sweet! Love watching your progress and love you!

Leslee said...

So funny to see one of the dogs in your pictures! LOL!!!