Sunday, January 17, 2016

Pasta Fagioli - 21 Day Fix Edition

Me again, and I am sorry about the constant overposting about 21 Day Fix but I have to say I am just loving every second of it.
 Like I have said before the meal plan is confusing but there are so many different resources out there to help and if you just stick with it and muddle through I promise it does get easier.  Also use the resources your coach gives you and remember that your coach is your greatest resource, because they have been through the program and they know the ins and outs.  One thing I have found to be really helpful is to keep the Food List in plain sight somewhere in the house.  I have it posted on my cookbook easel on my kitchen counter that way it is always easily accessible as I am looking for food, planning meals, etc.

Also, I found these amazing colored plastic sandwich bags at Target which are the same colors as the 21 Day Fix containers and I try to pack my snacks in those bags so I never have to think about what color, the snack I am eating counts towards.

Also Pinterest has been a life saver, so many people have posted delicious 21 Day fix appropriate recipes for everything under the sun.  This time of year soup is one of my favorite meals, such a great comfort food and so yummy! And bonus the leftovers are amazing, sometimes better than the first time I ate it!    So, as I was searching yesterday I came across a few different recipes for Pasta Fagioli Soup but both recipes left something to be desired, so I adapted the recipes to fit my needs and the compilation of both recipes is below...
So delicious, everyone I shared it with thought I had ordered it from a restaurant, simple delicious, healthy food!
The key ingredient is homemade marinara sauce, which is super easy and convenient to have on hand for a variety of other recipes.  I put the remainder in mason jars, froze a couple and threw a couple in the fridge for later this week (english muffin pizzas and spaghetti squash with meatballs).

Homemade Marina Sauce



A Dash of Olive Oil
1 Yellow Onion, Finely chopped
A Dash of Italian Seasoning
4-5 cloves of garlic, diced
1 - 2 Bay Leaves
1 28oz. Can of Crushed Tomatoes
1 28 oz. Can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes
1 6oz. can of Tomato pasted

Heat olive oil in a large pan (I like to use my dutch oven but any pan will work)
Add onion and garlic at low heat and allow to sweat and become translucent, do not brown
Add Italian Seasoning and saute for a couple minutes
Add Tomato paste, mix well, increase heat to medium low and allow to caramelize for 8 - 10 minutes
Add crushed tomatoes and whole peeled tomatoes and bay leaf
Simmer for 45 minutes
Set aside 2 cups & 2 Tbsp for the soup and freeze or refrigerate the remainder.

Pasta Fagioli Soup



2 cups uncooked whole grain pasta (I used corkscrew noodles but you could use whatever you have on hand, macaroni would work great)
A Dash of Olive Oil
3 Carrots, thinly sliced
3 Celery Stalks, thinly sliced
4 Cloves of Garlic, diced
5 cups of Chicken Broth
2 cups of Fresh Green Beans, Washed and Trimmed
1 Can of Cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups of Fresh Marina Sauce (recipe above)
2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
1 - 2 cups of spinach
Black Pepper to taste
Parmesan Cheese for topping

Cook pasta according the directions, drain and toss with 2 Tbsp of Marinara Sauce to keep from sticking together.  Set aside.
Heat oil in a large pan (I used my dutch oven from above, you don't even have to rinse it after making the marinara sauce, just gives some extra flavor).
Add carrots and celery, cook until soft
Add garlic, cook until sauté for 2 -3 minutes
Add broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium
Add Green Beans, allow to gently boil for 5 - 10 minutes
Add Cannelini Beans, Marinara Sauce and Tomato Paste, continue gently boiling for 8 - 10 minutes
Season with black pepper
Add, pasta  and spinach, cook for 3 - 4 minutes, until spinach is wilted into the soup.  Serve with topped with parmesan cheese

Enjoy!

21 Day Fix Servings:
1 Green
1 Yellow



Adapted from: Beach Body Pasta Fagioli Soup & The Foodie And The Fix Pasta Fagioli Soup


3 comments:

Zain said...

Waow Nice Post. I realy appreciate your effort. I am dying in love with this article.
It's really full of research and hard working. I will share with my friends.
thanks for this article.
Kindly Check My Games.
Traffic Racing
Video downlaoder
American Speed
Stunt Racing UK
HD Video Downloader
Traffic Racer
Flight Simulator

Unknown said...

عندما تستعين متخصصة في عمل التنظيف الخاصة عندما تكون الشركة لها سمعة طيبة في مجال التنظيف ستحصل على منزل براق وأرضيات و حوائط نظيفة تماما مع الحفاظ على ألوانها من مواد التنظيف لنظافة شيئا ضروريا وخاصة عند تواجد اطفال صغار يخشي عليهم من الاتربة .
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
شركة تنظيف كنب بالرياض
شركة تنظيف واجهات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
ارخص شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض
شركة تنظيف ستائربالرياض

Nawazz said...

I love your article. you can visit my website GO Keyboard Apk