Thursday, May 24, 2012

Baby Barrett 38 Weeks


Size of the baby: Baby Barrett is now the size of a watermelon approx.. 19 - 22  inches long & approx 6 1/2lbs. 

Total Weight Gain/loss: I have gained 24lbs (as of my last doctors appointment).  My belly is  growing everyday.  I swear when I wake up the morning it has grown overnight.  The last couple times I have been measuring two weeks big so it appears will be having a fairly good size little peanut =)
According to the doctor he is hoping I am in the 50% who deliver before their due date otherwise I may be delivering a 10lb. baby!  YIKES!

Maternity Clothes:  I can still wear a VERY few of my longer shirts, but ALL of my pants are now maternity or stretchy yoga pants.   I am quickly running out of options.  Thank goodness the last couple weekends have been nice enough to wear dresses.

Gender: SURPRISE!! We are not going to find out till Baby Barrett arrives in May!  Every time I am out and about I run into someone who has an opinion about what we are having.  

Movement: Definitely have been feeling movement.  Baby B is moving all day long now.  It is such an amazing feeling to feel baby flipping and kicking all day long.  At our ultrasound they confirmed that Baby B is head down and ready to go =).  I think Baby B is definitely beginning to get a little cramped in there because some of the little kicks and jabs are starting to hurt.  The funniest things are the hiccups I have been feeling which seem to be a lot more common lately.

Sleep: Not getting much anymore.  Sleep has become a very precious commodity.  

What I miss: Not having smells literally have me running for the bathroom.  Not getting heartburn.  Being able to see my feet when I walk.

Cravings: Ummm... Nothing really in particular lately. I am still working on trying to get in 100 grams of protein a day and let me tell you, that is is not an easy thing to do.  

Symptoms: Just more and more Braxton Hicks contractions.  It's such a strange feeling to have your whole stomach tighten and contort into weird positions.

Best moment this week: Going down to USC and watching my baby brother graduate from college.  We weren't sure if we were going to be able to go just because of the proximity to the due date but the Doctor gave us the all clear and I am beyond thrilled that we made the trip.




No comments: