Thursday, May 24, 2012

Baby Barrett 37 Weeks


Size of the baby: Baby Barrett is now the size of a watermelon approx.. 19 - 22  inches long & approx 6 1/2lbs. 

Total Weight Gain/loss: I have gained 22lbs (as of my last doctors appointment).  My belly is  growing everyday.  I swear when I wake up the morning it has grown overnight.  The last couple times I have been measuring two weeks big so it appears will be having a fairly good size little peanut =)
According to the doctor he is hoping I am in the 50% who deliver before their due date otherwise I may be delivering a 10lb. baby!  YIKES!

Maternity Clothes:  I can still wear a VERY few of my longer shirts, but ALL of my pants are now maternity or stretchy yoga pants.   I am quickly running out of options.  Thank goodness the last couple weekends have been nice enough to wear dresses.

Gender: SURPRISE!! We are not going to find out till Baby Barrett arrives in May!  Every time I am out and about I run into someone who has an opinion about what we are having.  

Movement: Definitely have been feeling movement.  Baby B is moving all day long now.  It is such an amazing feeling to feel baby flipping and kicking all day long.  At our ultrasound they confirmed that Baby B is head down and ready to go =).  I think Baby B is definitely beginning to get a little cramped in there because some of the little kicks and jabs are starting to hurt.  The funniest things are the hiccups I have been feeling which seem to be a lot more common lately.

Sleep: Not getting much anymore.  Sleep has become a very precious commodity.  

What I miss: Not having smells literally have me running for the bathroom.  Not getting heartburn.  Being able to see my feet when I walk.

Cravings: Ummm... Nothing really in particular lately. I am still working on trying to get in 100 grams of protein a day and let me tell you, that is is not an easy thing to do.  

Symptoms: Just more and more Braxton Hicks contractions.  It's such a strange feeling to have your whole stomach tighten and contort into weird positions.

Best moment this week: Well it hasn't happened yet but we have two baby showers this weekend one today and one tomorrow and it will be so fun to celebrate baby b =).




No comments: