Monday, April 23, 2012

Nursery Reveal

We finally have all the pieces of Baby B's nursery all put together.  And if I do say so myself it looks fabulous!  I am totally in love.  I find myself stopping in the doorway every time I go down the hall just to admire it.  
The nursery used to be our guestroom, which has now moved into what used to be the office, which has now been moved into our bedroom.  Who knew one little person could cause so many things to change =).  
Hubs and I got started on the nursery super early in the pregnancy.  We added the white wainscoting first and crown molding.  Then hubs painted and stained the crib and the changing table (which was mine when I was a baby).  
The next thing I found was the perfect gender neutral bedding at Pottery Barn, purchased by my amazing mother (Baby B is very lucky to be getting such an amazing grandma).
 Our original thought had been to buy a viynl tree decal to add some dimension to the room.  But after hours of searching I was unable to come up with anything I liked.  Luckily, one of my Aunt's best friends from high school, who happens to be extremely talented, was in town and agreed to paint a tree on the nursery wall.  I showed her a few different photos that I liked on pinterest and she came up with a unique design, incorporating a few aspects of each photo.  It turned out incredibly!  


 And she added the most adorable branch on the opposite wall to tie it all together.  
 The rocking chair (which was also mine when I was a baby) and the beautiful cornice box, which mimics the curve of the crib, were both upholstered by my mom's upholstery shop and were the perfect finishing touches to the room.


Now all we need is Baby B =)


3 comments:

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

It looks so adorable... I love it! :) You are so cute, Amanda... can't believe Baby B is almost here!!

Lauren said...

Looks great! I love the tree!

Ashley said...

L-O-V-E! What an amazing nursery, I love the furniture with a history and the hand painted tree as well! Great job Amanda and Brian!!!