Monday, April 23, 2012

Baby Barrett 34 Weeks


Size of the baby: Baby Barrett is now the size of a pineapple approx.. 19 - 22  inches long & according to our Ultrasound we had last Monday, Baby B is 4lbs. 15oz. 

Total Weight Gain/loss: I have gained 22lbs (as of my last doctors appointment,on Monday).  My belly is  growing everyday.  I swear when I wake up the morning it has grown overnight.  The last couple times I have been measuring two weeks big so it appears will be having a fairly good size little peanut =)
According to the doctor he is hoping I am in the 50% who deliver before their due date otherwise I may be delivering a 10lb. baby!  YIKES!

Maternity Clothes:  I can still wear a VERY few of my longer shirts, but most of my pants are now maternity or stretchy yoga pants.   I am still totally in LOVE with leggings and sweaters.  I am quickly running out of options, I really need the weather to get nice so I can wear some of my dresses.

Gender: SURPRISE!! We are not going to find out till Baby Barrett arrives in May!  Everytime I am out and about I run into someone who has an opinion about what we are having.  

Movement: Definitely have been feeling movement.  Baby B is moving all day long now.  It is such an amazing feeling to feel baby flipping and kicking all day long.  At our ultrasound they confirmed that Baby B is head down and ready to go =).  

Sleep: Not getting much anymore.  Sleep has become a very precious commodity.  I've been loving getting to take a nap everyday of my spring break.

What I miss: Not having smells literally have me running for the bathroom.  Not getting heartburn.  

Cravings: Ummm... Nothing really in particular lately. I am still working on trying to get in 100 grams of protein a day and let me tell you, that is is not an easy thing to do.  

Symptoms: Just more and more Braxton Hicks contractions.  It's such a strange feeling to have your whole stomach tighten and contort into weird positions.

Best moment this week: Well the sunshine coming out has made this week phenomenal, sun really makes me happy!  But I would say the best moment of this week was going to our doctor's appointment and hearing Baby B's heartbeat, there is just nothing like that sound!

No comments: