Thursday, July 7, 2011

5 Question Friday

So I haven't done this in forever, but one of my favorite blogs, My Little Life, is totally faithful with her 5 Question Friday, so I decided to get back into the spirit of blogging this would be the perfect post:
1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)

Hmmm... As a student who learned the beautiful art of cursive writing and as an Elementary School teacher every inch of me says no. I can see how people would think it is silly to teach something our students will never use. But on the other hand I cannot see never learning it. Writing is such a basic part of communication I feel like our students still need to learn it.

2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?

I don't honestly know if I can live without my phone, okay not really but honestly I keep my entire life on my iphone. My calendar, my notes, my everything...

3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)

Our box of wedding photos, our photographer took some of the most amazing photographs I have ever seen and I can't wait for our children to see them one day.

My wedding ring, I cherish my ring so so much!

My computer, it holds all of our photos from the day I met my husband to now


4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?

Well a couple of years ago I would have told you I was a total city person but after moving to the country with my hubby. I know have to say I love the country and I am not sure I could move back to the city...

5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?

Well I know hands down my hubs would say Survivor he is dying to be on that show. But me, I think I would like to go on Fear Factor, if it was still on the air, simply because it only lasts one day and it's over =)

1 comment:

Leslee said...

Very thought provoking! The question about cursive really got to me... I mean really so often printing is much easier to read than someone's handwriting!

Me, I would love to be on Master Chef or Hell's Kitchen!!