Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Baby Item Must Have's

Ok so I know I am not expert and this is my 1st baby but I thought I'd make a list of the top 10 things we have found the most useful since Miss Peyton was born:

1. A place for baby to sleep before they go into their own room.  We ended up just getting a pack n' play with an infant bassinet insert so that it can be used for vacations now that Peyton is in her big girl crib.

2. Burp Cloths, LOTS & LOTS of burp cloths.  The first couple months I kept one in every room in the house and quite a few in the diaper bag.  My favorite were the plain white cloth diapers from Target.  Easy to wash and soft on babies skin.

3. ZIP footie jammies.  Who on earth knows why but it is so hard to find jammies that zip and they are the best.  It is not so much fun to unsnap a million and half snaps every time you need to change a diaper, which especially in the beginning is a LOT.

4. A Good Carseat, since we kinda live in the middle of nowhere we spend a lot of time in the car and therefore Peyton spends a lot of time in her carseat.  We have the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio, expensive but I believe worth every penny.

5.  A cuddle blanket.  Our favorite has been the Aden & Anais muslin swaddle.  When P was really little it made a great swaddle blanket and now that she's older it's the perfect cuddle blanket.   They sell the brand at Target & Babies r Us but they aren't the muslin ones and are nowhere near as soft.

6. A Stroller, not only do I like to constantly be on the go, I also enjoy walking and jogging, so we invested in a nice jogging stroller and we have not been sorry yet.  We call it Peyton's Cadillac.  We have The BOB.  We of course had the infant car seat adapter for the BOB so that we could use it as a travel system.

7.  Pacifiers, I know everyone has their opinion on these but I would not have my sanity without them.  I personally believe the best pacifiers on the market are the wubbanubs.

8.  A Baby Carrier, when baby is fussy or simply wants to be held and you have things you have to get done, this will be a life saver!  The moby was great when P was little but as she got bigger and wanted to move around a little more we found the Ergo has been wonderful!


9.  A diaper bag.  I would highly suggest one that zips closed.  I love my coach diaper bag but it doesn't close and we have lost a headband or two.


10. Socks, you don't want little one's feet to get cold.  The only ones I have found to stay on are Trumpette.  They are a little pricey but they are adorable and stay on which is huge!

What did you find the most useful for your little one?


No comments: