Tuesday, August 7, 2012

30 Day Husband Challenge Day 1 & 2


So I was finally scrolling through the blogs I follow and I came across this on Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, and it just really hit home.  My hubs is amazing but I know since becoming a mom I have been really nit picky with him and I need to work on that so this seemed like the perfect opportunity to remind him how much he means to me. Check it out on her blog and link up if you're interested!

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge - Day 1 & 2


30dayhusbandchallenge


Day One:

"The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life." Prov. 31:11-12

To help you get started, have you ever thanked your husband for "choosing you" above all other women? He found you attractive as a person, and appreciated you. Though many circumstances in your marriage may have changed, let your husband know that you are glad you are together, and that you want to be a blessing to him for the rest of your marriage. Let him know that he can trust you to be in his corner.

One of the best opportunities to express your gratitude is first thing in the morning. How do you greet your husband each morning? Is he confident in your love? Give him a "wake up call" that he'll never forget-a big "I love you" and an "I'm so glad I'm your wife!"

****************************************
It is so easy to get caught up in the day to day activities of everyday life and I know how important it is just to give a cheerful good morning.  And yet lately I know I have not been very good at doing so.  
So this morning I made sure to wake up before he left for work, give him a big kiss and tell him to have a great day!  Just set the tone for a good day!

Day Two:

" . . . through love serve one another." Gal. 5:13b

How did you do yesterday with your first day of blessing and encouraging your husband? Was it easy? Was it hard to hold your tongue when you wanted to say something negative? We hope you're off to a good start. (If you blew it, don't give up start again today!) There are so many practical things you can praise, if you look for them.

Today, find some way that your husband is serving you or your family. Does he help around the house? Take care of the car? Fix things that are broken? If your budget allows, give him a new, small tool with a big bow attached. But make sure he doesn't think it's part of a "Honey Do" list!

Maybe your husband's not a handyman, but does he run errands for you? Let you go first? Take care of you when you are sick? Help you make decisions? Praise him for his willingness to serve others. Let him know that you see his unique service as a great strength.

***************************
My hubs can and does do so many things.  He is so incredibly talented, I am really not sure there is anything he can't do.  But I often take that for granted so I have made up my mind to appreciate everything he does!  




No comments: