Sunday, May 25, 2008

Contentment. . .

Its such a strange thing. Some days it seems completely attainable other days it seems completely out of reach. I guess you need to always remember to take things one day at a time because when it comes down to it that is all we KNOW we have.
In reality however the hardest thing for me is being single at 22(23 in 5 days). I had never imagined that being the way things would turn out. Not that I would change anything about the way my life has turned out this far. I have become a stronger person than I ever imagined I would be. But at the sametime when I watch my friends and their boyfriends or husbands I can't help but feel a twinge of jealously at what they have found.
I do realize that all in good time I will find the person I am meant to be with but for the time being I need to focus on school and the other important things in my life. Besides a healthy relationship is two whole people walking side by side not two half people becoming one.

1 comment:

Leslee said...

One cannot truly make anyone else happy until they are happy with themselves... It sounds like you are feeling better about who you are and understanding that yes, all things good will come with time :-) Hang in there; you are definitely on the right track!!