Sunday, April 20, 2008

Decisions

As I lie in bed tonight I find myself wondering how we make decisions in our lives. How do we ever know what truly is the correct choice. Life is so uncertain and yet at times it feels so completely certain. But who's to say which decisions in our lives have led us to become the people we are today.
Currently my brother is struggling with the decision of Cal Poly vs. USC and I see him privately agonizing between the two feeling pulled strongly in both directions. And tonight as we both got ready for bed he asked me what I thought he should do. And of course being that I want the decision to be all his own I didn't exactly answer the question. I think honestly he doesn't have a bad choice but I just hope that whatever he decides he does it for himself.
Through his struggle I have learned that when facing a difficult decision you have to choose whatever is best for you, and you only. You can never be someone or do something for someone else. You must always remain true to yourself.
You must remain true to you regardless of what you win or lose. Stealing the cliche "shoot for the moon because even if you miss you'll land among the stars"
In the end you are the one who has to live with your decisions. So choose wisely and remember you never have to apologize for doing what's best for you!

No comments: